This year, 2020, will unfortunately be remembered as the year of this terrible pandemic, which saw more than 50 million cases worldwide and more than 10 million cases and approximately one million cases in the US. Deaths worldwide and nearly 250,000 deaths in this country. Some articulate a variety of concepts and goofy theories including herd immunity, pandemic – fatigue or everything will go away on its own, etc., but if we are to fight this virus and start reducing the health risk in public, we must have ours during a pandemic take personal responsibility to protect our health and wellbeing. With that in mind, this article will briefly attempt to examine, review, review, and discuss 5 basic steps to achieve this.
- Wearing a mask: why has wearing a mask become a political discussion? Almost all public health experts state that if everyone only wore one mask, the infection rate would likely decrease, provided social distance was difficult and especially indoors (inside buildings, restaurants, etc.) by about 95%. Isn’t that just logical, both from a personal point of view and from your social responsibility? Some parts of the country worked more together in this regard than others and, in general, these regions / areas had lower infection rates.
- Social distance / distances: Studies show that social distance greatly reduces the spread of infections. For example, every time President Trump held one of his rallies where the majority of the attendees, none of them, were socially dispersed and / or wearing masks, we have seen a spread of infection / cases! Stay at least 10 feet away, but according to many studies, this airborne virus can spread further under certain circumstances.
- Avoid Crowds / Eat Cautiously Indoors: While most of us desire a return to normal and normal activities / conditions / life, unfortunately this virus spreads indoors. At a breakneck pace, and if the facility does not take all necessary precautions in terms of cleaning, hygiene, wearing masks, improving their air filtration systems, etc., there is no consequence. he wishes. Also, stay away from areas, situations, etc. be crowded and careful. Stay alert and healthy!
- Don’t let your guard down: don’t be stupid / stupid / selfish, allegedly admit pandemic fatigue, behave yourself, let go of your guard. Use common sense and realize that you don’t want to become a statistic!
- Take Precautions: Wash your hands frequently, use hand sanitizer, wear a mask, avoid crowds, limit certain activities, and take precautions to safely minimize your risk.
Not only is this virus real and it’s still here, but we are also witnessing an increase in the number of cases and deaths! Take social responsibility, be smart and careful, stay safe and healthy!